Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Well -- That Only Took 13-1/2 Years. . .

But I, for one, am glad it has finally happened.

Of course, I favor complete repeal of the Section 215 style bulk collection, as I've said for over a decade -- unless supported by full-on probable cause -- but a curtailment may be all that is politically achievable, even now.

Even with a sitting President who is a Constitutional Scholar. So, I'll take what I can get -- for now.

Here's the Gray Lady's opening, on it all:

. . .In a remarkable reversal of national security policy formed after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the Senate voted on Tuesday to curtail the federal government’s sweeping surveillance of American phone records, sending the legislation to President Obama’s desk for his signature. . . .
Nice. Onward. And take that, Mr. Cheney -- history is obliterating almost all of your wrong headed follies from the rule of law, here in our truer, bluer version of 21st Century America.

No comments: